Highlights of All 10 Programs
THE EMBA CONSORTIUM FOR GLOBAL BUSINESS INNOVATION
HIGHLIGHTS OF EACH SCHOOL’S PROGRAM
BOLOGNA BUSINESS SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF BOLOGNA
The oldest university in Europe, the Bologna Business School is situated at a strategic crossroads where science, technology and entrepreneurship meet values, culture and lifestyle. The international week at Bologna offers you:
• Challenging discussions and interactive field work with leading innovative Italian companies in fashion, food and luxury products,
• Discussion of business model innovations through multiple lenses and tools,
• Analysis of branding and rebranding strategies that leverage Italian business heritage and assets, and
• Discovery of the factors that constitute unique Italian well-being.
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CHONGQING UNIVERSITY
If China were a magazine, Beijing would be the issue’s front cover and Shanghai its back page. Chongqing, a city-state of over 30 million people on the Yangtze River, would be an advertisement for the next issue featuring new growth and development. Founded in 1929, Chongqing University has established itself as a comprehensive university consisting of six colleges in business, liberal arts, science, engineering, law and medical science. The School of Economics and Business Administration is the most influential school of business in southwest China. This program offers you:
• An immersion into a truly Chinese experience in one of the countries most dynamic regions,
• Exposure to key economic and business trends affecting the future of China, and
• Access to leading executives and companies operating in the region.
COPPEAD GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF RIO DE JANEIRO
Coppead is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and host for the 2016 Olympic Games. Brazil is a vibrant democracy, with emphasis on social inclusion and an active role of the state in the development process. During the program we will address:
• Brazilian culture, economics and development strategies,
• Energy scenarios for the next years,
• Social inclusion policies and strategies to meet consumers at the “base of the pyramid,”
• The relationship between the private and public sectors and the role of state-owned enterprises, and
• Local business innovation and start-ups.
CRANFIELD SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, CRANFIELD UNIVERSITY
Cranfield is at the center of one of the most dynamic educational hubs in the world – with Oxford, Cambridge and London all within one hour’s travelling time. We are Europe’s only fully postgraduate university, specializing in science, technology, and management. We aim to generate and transform knowledge, translating it to the benefit of society. Our program offers you:
• Two locations – Cranfield and London – and two themes linking the worlds of Global Finance and Supply Chains, and
• One integrated approach providing insights into how financial choices can be used to enhance business strategy, and how competitive advantage can be created through supply chain excellence.
THE CHAPMAN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Ultra high-net-worth households and the global business elite rank Miami as a Top 10 global city, one recognized for its cultural and business diversity, its entrepreneurship, and its creativity. These factors have led to the creation of Miami’s “luxury lifestyle markets.” The International Week at Florida International University offers:
- Face-to-face discussion with entrepreneurs and developers of luxury residential projects for global buyers where multimillion dollars sales are the norm;
- Visits and evaluation of luxury retailers and retail developments anchored by global luxury brands;
- Exposure to the experiential requirements and opportunities within the luxury cruise industry; and
- Development of frameworks to understand what constitutes “luxury living” and how to evaluate and assess opportunities in these luxury lifestyle markets.
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AT AHMEDABAD
IIMA has evolved from being India's premier management institute to a notable international school of management in just four decades. IIMA's mission is to help India and other developing countries improve their managerial practices both in the private and in the public sectors and adopt superior public policies. IIMA is uniquely poised to offer a 10-day module called ‘Doing Business in India’ which provides a blend of classroom-based learning as well as immersive learning experiences, designed to equip the students from other cultures and geographies to understand processes, trends, economic relations and policy changes in the Indian and international business environment, while providing insights into Indian business environment and culture. The programme is intended to offer:
- A rich understanding of the business opportunities in India
- An overview of social, political, and cultural determinants of the Indian business environment and
- The paradox of modernity combined with the centuries old traditions of Indian society and culture.
MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL HIGHER BUSINESS SCHOOL – MIRBIS
The Russian module explores Russia as a fast growing economic power with a unique culture and market opportunities. The core of this module focuses on the political, social and economic dimensions of Russia. It is built on the assumption that being exposed to other people’s worlds brings insight into one’s own. The experience comes alive through:
• Russia’s rich cultural identity, shaped and molded by its history and vast geography,
• Exposure to Russia’s top political institutions,
• Field trips that illustrate Russia’s diversity, culture and leading companies, and
• Discussion of the role of innovation in Russia’s economy development and in the strategic sustainability of Russian companies.
SABANCI UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
At the intersection of Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, Turkey is a vibrant emerging market that presents many challenges and opportunities for global business leaders. The Istanbul International Module is held in the historic, and now hip, Karakoy district and will offer its participants:
• Lectures from top global leaders on the political, economic, and socio-cultural context of doing business in Turkey,
• On site visits and presentations from several of Turkey’s top CEOs and entrepreneurs on how they have achieved success in this dynamic emerging market and on their efforts to build global brands, and
• Insights on the special case of Islamic (or participation) banking in Turkey.
THE LUCAS GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AT SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
The International Module at the Lucas Graduate School of Business is designed to expose the Consortium participants to the US economic and cultural milieu, in particular to the innovative, entrepreneurial and technology-rich business ecosystem found in the Silicon Valley. During your week in San José you will hear from global experts and leading company executives about:
• The culture and history of Silicon Valley as a center for global innovation,
• How local venture capitalists fuel new venture creation and explore various proven methods for promoting innovation,
• The fundamental skills required to lead global corporations in a multi-cultural environment, and
• New business models that incorporate state-of-the-art technological change.
UNIVERSITY OF STELLENBOSCH BUSINESS SCHOOL
The University of Stellenbosch Business School sits in the vibrant, diverse and beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa. The uniqueness of a new democracy in an emerging African market provides a platform for dynamic, innovative and problem-solving discussions with our expert faculty and prominent South African leaders. Among the key issues we’ll discuss are:
• How to create a culture of performance and sustainable growth through leadership development,
• Economic, socio-political and governance issues in Africa,
• Social entrepreneurship and innovation from an African perspective,
• Branding and market segmentation in South Africa, and
• Information and communication technology and innovation for Africa.